If growing your business and attracting new customers is a priority for you, here’s the #1 rule you need to follow. Never let a day go by without doing at least one marketing activity.
Unfortunately many small businesses only focus on marketing when time allows, which rarely happens, or when forced into it when sales decline or the pipeline dries up. Like most things in business, success comes from consistency – doing the right things each and every day.
Now you may be thinking, “I barely have time to do what I do, how do I add marketing into each and every day”? Well here is the key – break down activities into small tasks that can easily be done in 15-30 minutes AND block the time on your calendar to do them.
Quick Hits to Grow Revenue
What can you accomplish in just 15 minutes? A lot when you stop viewing it as JUST 15 minutes – and eliminate the distractions, busy work and time wasters in your day. Here’s just a few things you can do when you plan your time and make business growth a priority:
- Initiate new contact request on Linked-In
- Write a few notes or cards to people you met at an event
- Call a customer (or two) to request a testimonial or online review
- Write a blog post
- Make a ‘how is it going’ call to customers – put that database to work!
- Call to schedule lunch or a meeting with a current or potential power partner
- Post an update or share a tip on social media
- Reach out to a Linked-In connection with a private message
- Contact a former customer – any new opportunities?
- Ask or answer a question on social media (groups)
- Make a follow-up call to prospects in your sales funnel
- Make a ‘survey’ call to customers or prospects – for feedback and ideas
- Set up Google Alerts to stay abreast of industry or competitor changes
- Investigate industry or business groups – and schedule attendance at an upcoming event
So what about all those ‘bigger’ marketing activities – a direct mail campaign, overhauling your website or implementing a new marketing strategy? Even if you outsource the project, there are tasks that YOU will need to do. This is where breaking down tasks into smaller pieces can really pay off.
For example, you want to build a better Linked-In sales strategy — to generate more high quality leads. It will certainly take more than 15 minutes to update your profile, do some company or industry research, and create compelling templates. If you wait until you have a few extra hours to tackle this, it will likely remain incomplete!
So break it into smaller chunks – and work on pieces for 15-30 minutes a day. Over time, you can complete the project — while still handling your other responsibilities.
Remember, if you want to see consistent results, you need to take consistent action. So make marketing activities, big and small, something you do every day!
Ready to Put Your Business on the Path to Success?
Would working with a business coach help you grow both revenue and profit? Then let’s explore the possibilities with a complimentary consultation. It’s a chance to get to know each other, discuss your goals and the obstacles that hold you back. Together we can determine if there is a good fit between your needs and my services.
Call me at (856) 533-2344 to learn more or schedule an appointment.