This medical practice (specialist) has a great reputation for quality patient care and expertise in their specialty area. The practice showed consistent revenue growth; however eroding industry margins, employee turnover, and operational issues were consuming too much of the physician’s time – hindering long-term opportunities and impacting profit.
Improve efficiency and reduce employee turnover in order to increase revenue and profits without sacrificing quality patient care.
- Analyzed and modified systems, including patient intake and care, billing and office administration procedures to facilitate training and delegation to staff.
- Revised position descriptions with clearly defined roles, skills, and associated measures for success.
- Developed and implemented a recruiting and hiring system to attract and bring in quality people — with an emphasis on clinical skills and technology required for EMR. Replaced poor performers who did not meet these criteria.
- Shared business goals with the team in conjunction with performance bonus program to create more engagement and focus on continuous improvement.
- Implemented an employee appraisal system that supports employee personal and professional development.
Within 12 months, the number of patient visits increased 22% without expanding the hours of operation or sacrificing patient care. The employee turnover is no longer a problem and the staff continues to take on and manage more day-to-day responsibilities. This allows the physician to focus on patients and other growth opportunities within the practice.
Ready to Create Your Own Success Story?
Are you ready to move your business in a better direction and wonder if working with a business coach can make a difference? Then let’s explore the possibilities with a complimentary consultation. It’s a chance to get to know each other, discuss your goals and the obstacles that hold you back. Together we can determine if there is a good fit between your needs and my services.
To learn more or schedule an appointment, call me at (856) 533-2344 or drop me an email Joan@HybridBizAdvisors.com