While September may not be the official half-way point, for many businesses it feels that way. The kids are back at school and the slow-down many experience during the summer months is behind you. Ready to refocus and finish the year strong?
Then it’s time to get back out there! To re-connect with customers and prospects in your pipeline. And maybe start some new relationships.
5 Ways to Reconnect With Customers
- Network. Most chambers, business associations and other groups see a slow down during the summer – but start up strong in September. It’s a great way to connect and develop new relationships with business owners, prospects, and potential alliances. Check out some local groups and events – and get out there.
- Reach out to customers. For most businesses, 80% of revenue (and even more of the profit) comes from the top 25% of your customers. When was the last time you spoke to them? Check in with them, set up a meeting (not a sales pitch), grab lunch, or go play a round of golf.
- Pick up the Phone. How many unconverted leads are in your database? Prospects you spoke to earlier in the year – but haven’t yet become customers. Maybe the timing was not quite right. Why not pick up the phone and give them a call. They may just be ready to say yes!
- Research. Looking for reasons to connect? Need some feedback or new ideas to help with your year-end planning? Now is a great time to put a survey out there – to customers, vendors, alliances and/or employees. Remember, innovative ideas come from a variety of sources – but only if you ask.
- Promote. Why not run a special at your store, online or through your ‘social’ network? Looking for ideas? Check out Holiday Insights for wacky holidays. Did you know that September is Self-Improvement, Baby-Safety and National Courtesy Month (to name just a few) – plus 30 bizarre holidays that may inspire you.
You have four months left. Make them count, make them productive, make them profitable!
More Ways to Grow Your Business
For new business improvement articles, exclusive tools and insights on entrepreneurship, click here to subscribe to my monthly eNewsletter. When you do, I’ll also send you my free eBook, How to Build Profit Through Leverage.